The 4 Crucial Beliefs Of Successful Investors
If you don’t believe in yourself as an investor and have absolute faith in your methodology, trading the markets will be like trying to nail Jello to the wall.
Is my faith in my tools and indicators still unwavering such that I can confidently risk my capital based on their readings?
Do I still believe in the “law of probabilities” and that by consistently executing my system, I’ll earn a profit?
In embracing these four beliefs, I see myself as part trapeze artist and part quarterback. As a trapeze artist, I am able to let go of the bar trusting that a partner will be there to catch me; as quarterback, I throw the ball to X believing that the receiver will be where he should be. My beliefs become my trading partners.
gold signal
In my experience, it’s been uncanny how my beliefs and my ability to envision certain outcomes – both athletically and professionally – have contributed to events becoming reality.
Bottomline: As an investor, you must be intimately in tune with your beliefs at all times and be aware of those symptoms that might suggest your beliefs are drifting off course. Understanding your own beliefs about investing will empower you to produce consistent profits in a manner no other personal attribute can do.
In his Market Wizards books, Jack Swagger interviews an outstanding collection of renowned investors, traders and money managers. The single most common thread that each mentions as being a major contributor to their success is their money management skills.

The challenge is to understand what they mean by money management. The internet is full of definitions, ranging from simplistically useless to overly complex and potentially harmful. In past years, I’ve surveyed my classes for their personal definitions. On two separate occasions a decade apart, we constructed in class definitions that I believe accurately capture what these market wizards meant when they attributed their success to their money management skills.
gold trading strategy